In anticipation for the movie coming out tomorrow, at the simbania house we are re-watching movies 1-6. And as I was watching I wanted to point out some important points that happened in each movie/book to look out for!
Spoiler alert so click the More button below to see the whole post! (Unless you’re a Muggle, in which case, just keep on scrolling down and wait for the Harry Potter craziness to die down.)
Note: Still watching the movies, so will be updating the post as I see relevant stuff. Also, each point in the movie is in no particular order. Just bullet points that happened.
1 – The Sorcerers Stone
- All the main characters are introduced! Note that all of them stay in all the movies except for Dumbledore who was changed in the 3rd movie (Because the actor died!).
- Neville Longbottom gets 10 points for his huge balls in standing up against his friends. This guy just might be going places.
- You see Ginny for the first time! I guess this falls under ‘main characters are introduced’, but I think it’s awesome that she’s in it!
- Harry catches his first snitch! Same snitch in which (haha, that rhymes) Dumbledore will eventually hide one of Voldemorts horcruxes and return to Harry.
- Harry receives the first of the 3 Deathly Hallows for a Christmas present from Dumbledore.
2 – The Chamber of Secrets
- The First of Voldemorts Horcruxes is introduced and destroyed by Harry Potter.
- Introducing Dobby! He might have some influence later. Watch when Lucius Malfoy loses him and gets all pissed! Love it!
- Also, (while we’re talking about Dobby) he is officially the first one in the revolution against the deatheaters. He heard about some plot to bring some monster forth to f*ck up Harry, and sets out to stop that from happening. True, he didn’t go about it in the best way, but…He’s Dobby.
- The word ‘mudblood’ is introduced by Draco Malfoy.
- The fact that Harry can speak Parsel-tongue clues Dumbledore that Harry might be one of Voldemorts Horcruxes.
- Harry discovers the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets where the basilisks lives. Many books later, Ron and Hermoine will return here to use a tooth from the slain basalisk tooth to destroy another of Voldemorts horcruxes.
- Only a true Gryffindor can pull that out of a hat.
3- The Prisoner of Azkahban
- Sirius Black and Remus Lupin!
- Werewolves are introduced!
- Harry gets the Marauders Map, the same map he’ll be using to look at Ginny’s dot while he’s sitting out in the woods . 😦
- Dementors are introduced. Those guys are f*ckers.
4- The Goblet of Fire
- The Quidditch World Cup! Keep in mind, this is one of the places Hermoine and crew apparates to while they’re out hunting Horcruxes.
- Mad Eye Moody is introduced! Poor guy will be dying in the first 20 minutes of the new movie.
- Victor Crum and Fleur Delacour are introduced. Remember that Victor Crum will be th first person to point out the sign of the Deathly Hallows at Fleur’s wedding when he notices Xenophilias Lovegood wearing it!
- The actor who’s playing Dumbledore proves that he’s NO F’ING Dumbledore by shoving Harry into a table after his name comes out of the Goblet of Fire. I really hate this actor as Dumbledore.
- Harry and Ron have their first fight! Another big one is coming in a tent in book/movie 7!
- Hey Ronald! Remeber that time you danced with Professor McGonagall?
- I think Cedric Diggory is a douche. I mean, Harry TOLD you out right that there were gonna be dragons, and your best advice for him for the 2nd task was ‘go take a bath’? He’s such a dick, rather than just telling Harry he needed to find a way to breathe underwater, Cedric sends him to get felt up by Moaning Myrtle! Asshole. I hope you die and turn into a vampire. wait…
- Voldemort regains a body, by using bones from his father, a hand from Wormtail, and blood of an enemy (Harry). Little does he know that he just totally f*cked up by extending Lily’s protection of Harry into himself, thus tying his and Harry’s fate even closer together. This makes Dumbledore smile later on. 🙂
- Harry’s first kiss. Cho Chang!
- Harry wins the torunament and bankrolls Fred and George Weasley to allow them to start buklding their joke shop.
5- The Order of the Phoenix
- Cornelius Fudge point out that the age 17 is the legal age to start using magic outside of school during Harry’s trial. (Haha, in book 7 Harry is so excited about turning 17 that he tries to tie his shoelaces with magic nad the reulst is not good)
- Dolores Umbridge is a b*tch. Can’t wait till Harry and Hermoine get the locket back that she extorted from Mundungus.
- Creaher is introduced. He’ll be cooking awesome meals for the crew a couple books later.
- Dumbledore’s Army is born. They all return for the Battle for Hogwarts in book 7! Even Cho.
- Sirius Dies.
6- The Half-Blood Prince [still watching]
- Dumbledore dies.
- Snape pulls of some sneaky double crossing.
- Harry kisses his future wife for the first time!
- We finally know what is keeping Voldemort around…horcruxes!
- Harry, Hermoine, and Ron decide not to come back to school for their final year in search of the horcruxes.
- In the book, not in the movie, we learn that Snape is the one who overheard the prophecy about Harry and told Voldemort about it.
And that’s it for now! Off to watch Part 1 of the 7th movie!